Monday 16 May 2011

Downloading Fonts tutorial

There are many many awesome fonts out there that you can download really easily and totally free, I have struggled in the past with how to do it, but have had a go a few times now and think I have the hang of it.  To save you time trawling the internet for how-to's I thought I would do a little tutorial of how to do it so you can have a go yourself easily and quickly. (click on the image to see it bigger)

1. First find a website to download fonts from, I use dafont because it has a lot of new and really funky fonts.



2.  Choose the font you want from one of the menus by clicking download to the right of the font,


3. Click to open the file (on google crome a tab appears at the bottom of the window, click on the arrow and select "open") and this screen should pop open:


4. Highlight the two windows files and click "extract to",


5. A box should pop up on your screen that looks like this:


6. Double click "my computer" then "local disk (C:), then scroll down and double click on WINDOWS, scroll down again till you find the folder titled FONTS:


7. Highlight the folder then click "ok".




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the tutorial.I'm going to give it a whirl.....Anne x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.