Thursday 18 November 2010

Guest Post!

Hi folks,
Tonight I have my lovely sister Megan staying with me so I thought I would let her do a guest post on my blog.  She is an amazingly talented fashion designer who graduated last year from her Fashion degree, you may remember this film I showed a while back of her Degree show, she also helped me design my wedding dress and made the entire thing for me:


(Megan is on the left), and here she is now:



Hi Meg, tell us a little about yourself:


I like Fashion, Dominoes Pizza and my boyfriend! I dream of being a successful fashion designer and going travelling. I hope to visit Thailand sometime in the future. I am currently living in Swansea with my parents and working in retail.

What is your idea of the perfect day?
Depends what mood I am in! Sometimes I like staying in watching DVD’s snuggled up on the sofa with some hot chocolate, sometimes I like going out and meeting up with friends for lunch.

What wouldn’t you leave home without?
My phone! My eyeliner, and a hair bobble.
What are your favourite shops?
Fave shops are Ikea, I really like going to Ikea, even if it’s just for the hot dogs! H&M , Zara, Attica and Cult.

What is on your wish list?
A yellow Citroen C2 and a round the world plane ticket, that’s all I want.

What is your favourite bargain find or product?
I once bought a top from Primark for 10p! It wasn’t very nice though. I bought a cardigan yesterday for £2.00 that was quite a bargain.

Who is your favourite artist and why?
Musical? I am gonna say Newton Faulkner, I went to see him with my boyfriend a while ago, he was really good. I don’t really have a favourite visual artist but my favourite designer is McQueen.

Where do you find your inspiration?
I find Victorian corsetry really inspiring for my fashion work. I love their structure and the way they shape the body.

Do you own anything unusual?
I have a purple Ukulele which I love, though I can’t play much on it. It was a present.

Who would you like to sit down to drinks with?
My boyfriend Kevin, and the Fashion designer Vivian Westwood! The radio 1 presenter Chris Moyles is funny, he would be a good laugh ooh and the primeminister!

Do you have any guilty pleasures?
I like dipping my Elevenses in hot chocolate and cheesecake.

What is your idea of a living hell?
Having to eat only vegetables for the rest of my life. I don;t hate all vegetables but if I had to only eat vegetables then I would be really gutted!

Thanks so much for letting me write on your blog!  I feel very special and honoured. I hope all you Serendipitychild readers have a lovely day.


Thanks Meg.
TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.