Monday 8 November 2010

A delightful weekend in Wales

Went to Wales this weekend to visit a friend of mine from University who I lived with for three years, hadn't seen her for 4 years so I was really looking forward to it and to seeing a lot of other friends from Uni too. 
Happily her fiance is a farmer so they live in a beautiful farm house that comes with his job, in beautiful Welsh countryside with amazing views, fresh air and the sweetest dog I have ever seen!  It was so lovely to see her and catch up, we chatted about weddings, jobs, gardening and life in general and I think the highlight of the weekend was a guided tour round her fiance's farm including the calves (eeeee!) and the dairy where the cows are milked. 
We went for a wonderful walk around the fields of their farm and I felt like my soul was really enriched. It was such a glorious day and it all made me feel very motivated to try harder to get the life I want. 






I have more photos from the weekend to show you over the next few days, we went out for a meal in a lovely pub which was adorned with vintage wedding photos, I snapped a few which I would love to share with you.
I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far.  I have some plans brewing which I will share with you as soon as I feel like it is safe to do so!
TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Well it looks like a good time was had by all. I love the countryside, and could see myself being quite content living on a farm in the middle of nowhere! Looking forward to seeing those vintage wedding photos from the pub!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you're all "I went to Wales for the weekend." I don't know if I could say that so casually, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh heh, my parents live in Wales so we visit there quite a bit, it's not very unusual.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.