Wednesday 4 August 2010

Armed Forces Day in Reading


The Town where I live - Reading - held an Armed Forces Day a few weeks ago, it was a lovely sunny day and they had a Vera Lynn Tribute act (the main reason why I wanted to go!).  The event was mainly to raise money for the Armed Forces as we have a lot of Barracks around Berkshire and to raise awareness of what they are doing. but mainly I think it was to entertain the old folks of Reading so they could remenice about teh war years and when they were young.  It was a really great event and here are some of my pics of the day:




Forbury Gardens in Reading


Vera Lynn doing her thing!


Old people having a thoroughly good time!


See you tomorrow for more Armed Forces related shenanignas, and a gentle reminder that I will be doing a giveaway when I get 50 followers!!  (Or on my 100th post, I have't yet decided, but if you wait for my 100th post and don't follow me then you won't know when it is, so best to follow me anyway! Tee hee)

1 comment:

  1. Hi again!
    I have so enjoyed your blogs about the armed forces day - like you I have so much admiration and thankfulness for the self giving of so many that have ensured that we can live in freedom. I was born in April of 1945.
    Bless you and your family,
    Val

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.