Friday 2 April 2010

Mori girls

I think I might be a Mori Girl!



I have never been particularly interested in fashion, nor do I claim to really follow any trend or style.  My approach is usually comfort and practicality, and I will most often be seen in jeans and a hoodie.

However, this morning I stumbled accross a blog about Mori Girls, and it really struck a chord with me.  I instantly felt drawn to their style and attitude and thought "yes, this is me".

If, like me, you have never hear of Mori Girls before, read this description from this blog:

"The mori girls (森ガール) belong to a Japanese subculture. 'Mori' means forest in Japanese, and mori girls look like fairytale forest wanderers in their loose dresses, vintage prints and quaint accessories. Mori girls choose to live their lives on their own terms, stopping to appreciate the little things that others overlook amidst the hustle and bustle of daily life."

You can read more about the history (if you can call it that) of Mori girls here.

I feel this style reflects my choice of interior design and my attitude to life, more than what I actually wear,but having explored these pages a bit it is making me want to look like them too.

Check out these gorgeous photos, all from http://morigirl.blogspot.com/:



Loving the floral hippy style top and falling asleep whilst reading a beautiful book,



Loving the feminine florals and lace/crochet accents on this dress/cardi combo,



Loving the vintage look florals on these ankle boots,



Loving the oversized bags and scarves combines with check shirts like those my mum wore in the 70's,



Loving the layers and inuit styling,



Loving standing in the garden holding a teapot,



Loving the white cotton teamed with denim,



Loving girly, Alice in Wonderland look,



Loving picnics and red shoes,


Loving chunky knits and leather knee high boots,


Yey for Mori girls!!

So here is todays Mori style outfit:

Yes I look miserable and pale, I have bad skin at the moment :(


7 comments:

  1. your outfit is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post totally speaks to me. I think I might be a Mori girl!
    Do you have pictures of you dancing as a kid? I am having a reader appreciation post and if you want to send me one I will post it and put up a link to your blog.
    http://dancingbranflakes.blogspot.com/2010/04/call-for-photos.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo interesting! I too see myself in these clothes. You did a pretty good job with all the layering and bit of lace. C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to be a mori girl too, but i live in Holland and i dont know where to get my beginners-clothes. ):
    Haha but dont stop believing i say, btw.. You look lovely. :)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks, I thought I looked a bit rough that day! I would say if you can't find things on sale that are Mori girl, try customising things you already have with strips of lace and ribbons.

      Delete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.