Thursday 18 March 2010

mirror finally made

Finally I have completed my drift wood mirror which I have been working on for days.   I made it using drift wood left over from the name holders at my wedding.  Here is one piece in it's previouse incarnation:


It took me so long because it was like a puzzle piecing all the bits together.  To be honest I did run out of pieces but it doesn't matter too much.  I also made the mistake of nailing all the piece on.  I had proactically finishing it when my mum said why didn't I use glue....I did not know!  Glue would probably have been much better.  Oh well, I know for next time.

Here it is:

And look what else I found in my garden when photographing the mirror....my bulbs have come up!!  Yey, spring is here.

Please let me know what you think.

5 comments:

  1. Your mirror is beautiful! I love the place card holders too! What great ideas you have.
    -Sarah from Create Studio
    www.createstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I can't tell from the picture that you ran out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mirror is absolutely stunning. I never would have thought at the beginning of the post that it would be so large. I would love one of these in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a record of comments for me, I am so excited!! Yes it was a large mirror, it took sooo long to do. I think the neighbours probably hate me now from tapping away till 9.00pm every evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for commenting on my blog!! I love your mirror - its something I've always wanted to do but it will have to wait til I'm living nearer the sea!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.