Wednesday 10 February 2010

the tower is finished

Hi bloggers,
Tonight I finally finished this "tower" that I have been working on for ages.  There are a couple of reasons why I made this, firstly I was inspired by the artist Hundertwasser, I am reading a book about him which talked about trying to think like a child when making art, it made me think about when I was at nursery and we made towns and crazy houses out of cereal boxes and toilet roll tubes and things all stuck together.  Then my brain made a connection between these and the collage work I have been doing in my little books, it's been a problem because it's so difficult to display them, only one person can see them at a time and they would get damaged if a lot of people handled them, so I though, I know I will do my collages onto boxes, that way I can display my collages in a way that many people can see them without having to touch them.  So here is my first attempt, its quite meaningful to me, but not perfect, but then its my first one, hopefully there will be more to come. Hope you like it.




Have a great evening everyone.
Hels
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Your work is really lovely you are so creative.
    I arrived at your blog via Selfsufficientish and then via TES forum I think? I have posted a thread on the TES forum 'Gatherings for those dreaming.... 5/2/2010 in New Career Directions but don't want to spoil the 'space' that you find on this blog by mentioning your daytime work!!!Have a look and let me know if you are interested

    ReplyDelete

I love reading people's comments on what I have written, but I am not in the business of debating, this blog is my space, so if you can't say something nice, the please, don't say anything at all. If you don't like what I have written then please don't read it.